We are recruiting for an experienced Systems Developer to join our Application Development team within IT.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams and exposure to work on new and existing systems utilising Python, Vue.js, Django and PostGIS.
This is a small team based mainly in the Cheltenham area to support our business that is based in London. We are looking for a team player who is self motivated with good communication skills who is happy to collaborate with technical and business teams.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years in Reinsurance\Insurance sector, financial services, or equivalent enterprise business
- 3+ years demonstrable API and Responsive UI combination development experience in Python ideally in a technology stack with VUE.js, Django and PostGIS
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in PostgreSQL, my SQL or other RMDBS and\or Microsoft SQL Server experience
- SCRUM fundamentals certified or working within a SCRUM team
- Use of version control/GIT, GitFlow, Azure DevOps, Kanban\Sprints, Pipelines
- Knowledge of TDD and testing framworks
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent in computer science or similar
- Azure Development, App Services, Iaas/SaaS. Bicep, ARM, PowerShell Desirable
- Apache and\or IIS and other Web Server Platforms
Day to day duties include:
- Proactive and service-oriented attitude, as well as good written and verbal communicaton skills
- Experience working across teams in an enterprise business scape
- Able to demonstrate incident and problem management and root cause analysis
- Should be a self-starter, team oriented and yet be able to work independently and creatively, must show experience of accountability, resilience and collaboration behaviours
- Stack Agnostic, Cross-Train into Microsoft .Net 5+ and Microsoft Platforms, must have ability to self-learn and learn from the team to maintain modern development skillsets
- Ability to mentor other team members in areas of expertise